Monday, May 19, 2008

Just when you think you've seen it all

We walked Rufus on a nearby trail tonight and on our way back to the car, we saw a woman jogging towards us with what we first thought was a dog. The MWP took Rufus off to the side of the trail because Rufus is pretty bad with other dogs in what he feels is his territory. However, as we got closer to the woman we realized that she was jogging with a pony. The pony was just trotting along right behind her, tied to her waist.

Rufus kept looking at us as if to say "what the hell is that thing?" Guess he's never seen a woman jog with a pony either.

11 comments:

stephieface said...

A pony?

Jenn said...

A pony. A real live pony. I'm not up on my kinds of ponies, but whatever kind it was, it was slightly taller than Rufus. For the record, Rufus is 25 or 26 inches tall at the shoulder. I just woke him up to measure him. He's just thrilled with me.

JessaLu said...

A pony. What's next? nevermind...don't tell me. ;o)

The MWP said...

I believe our pony that we saw was a shetland pony. Looks just like it in the Wiki article. And to answer your question about what we will see next...how about a cow running behind someone? Speaking cowes...when is my hat going to be done??? Hmmm??

DPUTiger said...

Sounds like our special visitor at the July 4th parade last summer at the Lake

http://hpwt.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-4-plus-one.html

The big controversy this past winter was that someone put up a barn to house a full-sized horse in the community (on property owned by the association, not them). What's next!

And really ... running with a pony? Wow.

SJ said...

I didn't realize ponies needed to work out. Hmm.

Bet you guys really wished you had a camera with you just then!

Yvonne said...

Maybe next you'll see a pig..?

tana said...

We have miniature ponies around here. They are super cute and yep, like a largish dog in size. Though, I must say I've never seen anyone walking one. They usually have a round pen like horses do - only smaller. Cuz they're miniature.

blogless dee said...

Wow. I lived most of my life in rural Western PA before moving to the city and I don't think I've ever seen anyone jog with their pony before. Ever.

Cheryl said...

I love it! Seriously, you see some of the most interesting things.

beachknits said...

haha - i love your neighbourhood!